Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Year and A Bunch of New Gadgets

So it has been more than a year since I have posted anything on here. There have been a lot of personal things that have happened over the last year. I will have more time now a days to post on here more often, so it should definitely not be another year before I post again.

So where to start? Well, around this time last year, I found out that my oldest sister had uterine cancer. Turned out to be lymphoma as well, but she had to have a hysterectomy done, as well as having to go through chemotherapy. She completed chemo about Feb of this year and so far she is still cancer free. Which is good. There have also been some very personal things in my family, that I will not go into here, but lets just say I now have a totally ass-hat of a brother-in-law who married my other sister. Can't stand him, but whatever.

In other news, I have also broken up with my girlfriend of 3 years. It was not working the way that I had hoped, and it was in the best interest of both of us to end it. I have begun to move on with my life, and I really hope she has done the same.

So now that those are out of the way, it's time to get to the new gadgets in my life. Hehehe. Lets, see, the list starts with a Xbox 360 purchased at a Circuit City earlier this year. I have since gotten Halo 3 of course, which I liked a lot. The multiplayer part of the game is definitely the best part of the game, however, Microsoft in it's infinite greediness forces you the player to download the first three map-packs released for Halo 3. This means that if you buy the game off the shelf, and go to play on Live, you will have to spend an additional $30 on maps in order to play online. Of course these maps will now be included with the upcoming Halo 3: ODST. I really hate M$.

Then I finally joined the HD class. I got a Sharp AQUOS 40” 1080p HDTV. Cost a pretty penny, but I definitely like it, and like looking at the nice HD picture while watching the Yankees on YES. It also goes good with my 360 cause now I can game in high definition, which is certainly helping me in CoD4.

Finally, I have also gotten a new computer to replace my old Gateway laptop. It is a Lenovo Ideapad S10 netbook. Has the Intel Atom processor, 1GB of memory, 160GB HDD with no CD-ROM and a 10” screen. It's really nice, and a solid little computer. I have actually since purchasing it back in.... February I think, gotten upgrades for it. First, I got a Rosewill external DVD burner for it, which is really good. I have also gotten a larger HDD, 500GB and upped the RAM to 2GB.

The most recent thing I have gotten for it, and for a computer I plan on building over the next year is a keyboard. It is the Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite 2. I purchased it from Amazon.com for around $90 after shipping. It is a great little keyboard with only 65-keys and I fucking love this thing. I will post a picture of it tomorrow with a full review on it. In the meantime, the Yankees are playing the Mariners, so I am going to go watch the game.

No comments: